An unclean showerhead results in loss of water and other issues that could spoil everything we love about the activity but how to clean a shower head without vinegar.
Cleaning a shower head with vinegar is an old household practice that certainly worked; however, it sure has better alternatives that users will find convenient.
This guide brings the best shower head cleaning hacks that you can use to clean a shower head without vinegar to ensure proper cleaning of the equipment.
These hacks are cheaper, easy to do, and the tools required are readily available, leaving very little for you to do for achieving that cleanliness.
Now you should not worry about how to clean a shower head without vinegar. Let’s do our cleaning 🙂
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Clean A Shower Head Without Vinegar?
- 2 Cleaning A Shower Head Using Baking Soda
- 3 Cleaning A Shower Head with A Lime Scale Remover
- 4 Cleaning A Shower Head with Oven Cleaner
- 5 Cleaning A Shower Head with Coca Cola
- 6 Cleaning A Shower Head with a Rust Remover
- 7 How To Prevent Future Showerhead Clogs?
- 8 Conclusion
How To Clean A Shower Head Without Vinegar?
While the basic steps remain the same in each method, the common equipment you will need for this cleaning process is enlisted below:
- Baking Soda
- Oven Cleaner
- Coca Cola
- Lime Scale Remover
- An old toothbrush
- A sponge
- A spray bottle
- A face mask
- Rubber Gloves
Now that we have enlisted all the necessary equipment that will be used in these cleaning methods and save you the hassle of how to clean a shower head without vinegar. Let us bring our precise step-by-step guides for each of these.
Cleaning A Shower Head Using Baking Soda
The most accessible alternative to cleaning a shower head with vinegar is using baking soda and water paste. Baking Soda has a delightful property that can clean anything organic, and this is what we’ll be putting to good use.
So without any further delay, here’s how to clean a shower head with baking soda:
- First, wear rubber gloves to ensure every possible safety measure is taken.
- Next, remove the showerhead from its place to make natural cleaning possible.
- Now, make a paste of baking soda and water in a small plastic cup.
- However, stir the solution gently to make a proper required solution.
- Once the solution is ready, pick up an old toothbrush to start cleaning.
- Take your time and make sure that you clean every corner of the showerhead.
- After you are done cleaning, rinse the showerhead thoroughly with hot water.
- Please place it in the sink to make the rinsing part more comfortable for you to do
So these were all the steps involved in cleaning a shower head with baking soda and hot water.
Also, since we promised more, let us move onto our next method of cleaning a shower head without vinegar.
Cleaning A Shower Head with A Lime Scale Remover
Lime Scale Remover has to be the best cleaning product when it comes to bathroom equipment, among so many others.
As far as choosing a brand is concerned, our recommendation is going for Simple Green. However, that may vary depending on your budget and cleaning needs.
However, removing it still ensures a more comfortable and most-effective cleaning process, so that would be our first suggestion.
The following steps will make cleaning showerhead cleaning with Lime Scale Remover easier for our readers:
- Again, the first step is showerhead removal from where it is installed.
- Do it calmly and while taking proper precautions to avoid any damage.
- Once removed, start spraying Lime Scale Remover on the showerhead.
- The holes where most dirt build-up happens is what you should be aiming at
- After spraying, you must at least wait for 20 minutes to let the solution build-up well.
- Once the mentioned time has passed, rinse it with hot water and get it done!
This is Simple how you clean a showerhead with Lime Scale Remover without having to use vinegar at all.
Cleaning A Shower Head with Oven Cleaner
An oven cleaner could be a better solution as well, given that it is present in every household for daily cleaning purposes so you won’t need to spend extra money on one.
Moreover, it is a useful product when it comes to cleaning organic and greasy elements, making it quite suitable for the job.
If you are looking forward to learning how to clean a shower head without removing it, doing that with an over cleaner is an excellent choice.
So to clean a shower head with an oven cleaner, here are all the steps you need to follow:
- Your safety is first, so wearing rubber gloves to avoid any skin damage or allergies is essential.
- Also, wearing a face mask is recommended, so you don’t inhale it either.
- Now, just like the previous method, spray the oven cleaner all over the showerhead.
- Please leave it in the sink for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with hot water
You will be done within no time without having to spend anything extra in the process.
You should check out our next method of showerhead cleaning, which is most convenient out there.
Cleaning A Shower Head with Coca Cola
Yes, you read it right, a showerhead can also be cleansed with Coca Cola saving more of your money that you would otherwise be spending on expensive cleaning products.
Anyway, let’s get back to the task at hand and bring you the steps involved in cleaning:
- Remove the showerhead first or let it stay, it works both ways
- Put a bottle of Coca Cola in a bowl and sink the entire showerhead in it
- Do the cleaning using a used toothbrush or any other scrubber available
- Once you have done satisfactory cleaning, please remove it from the Coke
- Now, rinse the showerhead with hot tub water, and this is IT!
And this is how you get the showerhead cleaning process done with Coca Cola. It is as easy as it seems!
Cleaning A Shower Head with a Rust Remover
The shower heads can get pretty rusty after a few months of use, and in this situation, the above-normal solutions do no good.
You will need to buy a rust remover to clean a rusty shower, and our recommendation for those is Rust-Oleum Automotive 248658, being affordable and incredibly effective.
Since a rust remover is a very abrasive chemical-based product, you need to take the following precautions before use:
- Wear rubber gloves and a face mask
- Avoid any possible skin contact with the rust remover
After taking the necessary safety measures, follow the steps coming ahead to clean the showerhead with a rust remover:
- Make a mix of rust remover, CLR Calcium, and lime in a large bowl.
- The large should be large enough so that you can dip the showerhead inside.
- Now remove the showerhead and sink it entirely in this mixture.
- Let it soak for no more than 5 minutes, and that should be enough.
- Again, use the toothbrush to clean the showerhead thoroughly.
- Once you have gotten rid of the rust, rinse the showerhead and bowl
Install the showerhead back again in its place, and this completes your cleaning of the equipment using a rust remover.
How To Prevent Future Showerhead Clogs?
It is natural for a showerhead to get clogged after a few days or months of use due to the slow deposition or build-up of minerals coming with water flow.
We are worried about how to clean a shower head without vinegar, but we have no control over this mineral build-up. However, you can use the methods as mentioned earlier in this guide to clean the showerhead quickly.
Also, if you can ensure a cleaner water source for your home, that is one way of slowing the clogging process down.
So these were the top 5 methods of how to clean a shower head without vinegar in 2021 that taught readers how to clean bathroom showerhead while keeping it simple and easy.
However, there are further queries that are bothering you, you can leave them, and we shall answer them asap.